We want our pets to live LONGER lives, right? Our choices in the food and treats we feed make a BIG difference! Choose wisely and don’t be fooled by packages and advertising.
Making sure your dog is eating a high quality dry food is SO IMPORTANT!!! We feed our puppies NutriSource Puppy Small Medium Breed Puppy. You can find this at a local pet store!
We will include a 1-quart bag of this food in your puppy bag to tide you over until you get more…you will receive this when you pick up your puppy. We highly recommend that you feed this to your puppy until they are about 1 year old. If you are interested in switching foods at any point, be sure to follow the transition directions on the bags. It typically takes about ten days to transition foods.
Nourish your precious pet with a treat they love! NuVet Plus helps OPTIMIZE health. Even the highest quality dog foods are cooked, and as a result, the heat minimizes nutrients. While they do provide macro-nutrients, NuVet Plus is cold processed and provides rich micro-nutrients that optimize health. It’s a treat they love. NuVet Plus is a full spectrum immune system builder; not a vitamin.
Fortunately, these days you can find all-natural treats formulated without grain, animal byproducts or GM ingredients. However, it’s important to keep in mind that many high-quality commercial treats still contain some type of starch, fillers or sweeteners which aren’t ideal. ALWAYS use pure human-grade treats, when possible. About the most basic (and well-loved) protein-only treat is good ‘ol cooked, cubed chicken breast. It’s cheap, easy and simple. There are plenty of higher-end freeze-dried and dehydrated 100 percent meat treats on the market, but you still need to do research to identify sourcing and purity.
- Food and water bowls (We recommend stainless steel- avoid plastic as it can leach into the food/water.)
- ID tag and collar
- Puppy waste bags (For those walks)
- Crate/Kennel or Exercise Pen (If you plan to crate train your puppy.) (Midwest is a great brand…Exercise Pens are a great choice or just a regular wire kennel. Stay away from plastic as they tend to chew on the sides.)
- Puppy pee pads (If you plan to train your pup indoors)
- Paper towels and spot cleaner (For those accidents)
- Toys (Teething toys, balls for fetch, and plush toys or ropes for tug of war)
- Shampoo and conditioner (We recommend BioSilk…make sure to not use human products on your dog.)
- Dog brush and comb (Keeping up on grooming is super important. Whether you choose to groom your new puppy yourself or have them professionally groomed…keeping up on brushing is a must.)
- Nail clipper
- Dog tooth brush and toothpaste (We highly recommend doing this….it will really improve the health and well-being of your dog. It is super important to start this at a young age as the older they get the harder it can get.)
- Ear cleaner (Keeping a doodles ears clean is very important. They have hair that grows in their ears that needs to be plucked out. Regular hair plucking and cleaning will prevent ear infections. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this on your own at home, make sure to mention it to your groomer or vet for assistance.)
Try to stay away from any products that have unnecessary dye in them.
The best place to get any dog supplies online is through www.chewy.com. They have the best customer service as well as great prices. I highly recommend ordering stuff through them. If you click on any of the pictures above it will bring you right to the products at chewy.com.
Always make sure your dog has fresh clean water available at all times!
It can be very hard on your dog’s stomach to be switching up your dog’s diet frequently. We recommend that you pick a good, well rounded diet and keep it the same unless directed to change by your vet due to health problems.